Subject of Interest in Ophthalmology
1. Phacoemulsification / Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery - > 10,000 surgeries/Topical anaesthesia - > 3,000 surgeries
2. Cornea (Keratoplasty) – PKP, DALK, DSEK - > 200 procedures
3. Pterygium with conjunctival autografts (with fibrin glue)
4. Glaucoma surgeries
5. Medical Retina – Laser Procedures > 3000
6. Published articles in several Journals, including Tamil Nadu Ophthalmic Association Journal
7. Attended several Ophthalmic Conferences, Presented papers and chaired sessions at Tamil Nadu State Conferences and Southern Regional Ophthalmic Conferences and Pondicherry Ophthalmologists’ Association Meetings.
8. Conducted Quiz programme in IMA, Pondicherry & delivered lectures for IMA, Cuddalore, Thirukoilur & Puducherry.
9. Best paper of the session at SROC – TNOA conference, Chennai in 2003
10.Best paper of the session at TNOA conference, Tirunelveli in 2004
11.Best paper of the session at TNOA conference, Coimbatore in 2009
12.Conduct Teachers training programmes on Identification of childhood eye problems in collaboration with Sarva Siksha Abiyan (SSA) and Teacher Training Centre (TTC), which are National projects. More than 1000 teachers have been trained till date.
Special Interest: Community Eye Care
1. Conducted several general eye camps, College & School screening programmes – Total no: > 360
2. Glaucoma screening programmes in offices and companies
3. Company screening programmes
4. Eye Educative & Eye Donation Awareness Programmes at Schools, Colleges, NCC camps, in T.V, & Radio.
5. Written several articles in Newspapers and magazine – about eye problems.
6. Started an Eye Bank called Jothi Eye Bank at Jothi Eye Care Centre, which is an Institutional life member of EBI and recognized by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi, (from 2005 onwards)
7. Jothi Trust and Jothi Eye Care Foundation have been founded for community & Educational activities.
8. Paramedical training programme with Bharat Sevak Samaj (from 2007 onwards)